The Little Museum has a brilliant new Children’s Education Programme.
Our I Love Dublin classes are free to schoolchildren, and the aim of the programme is to promote a greater awareness of Dublin’s rich heritage.
The classes are overseen by museum staff along with the school’s own teacher/s. The format of the class is as follows:
- A welcome from either the Director or Curator of the museum. – 10 minutes
- A short tour of the museum in which the class considers the question “Why love Dublin?” – 15-30 minutes
- A treasure hunt, in which students explore the museum and complete worksheets. – 15 minutes
- Class discussion on “Why Love Dublin?” The best answer is filmed and put on our website. – 10 minutes
- Class interviews an older Dubliner about life in the city at the same age as the class. – 10 minutes
The museum provides stationery and other relevant materials for completing worksheets. There are bathroom and cloakroom facilities available. There are no refreshments provided, although there are many shops and cafés nearby, and St. Stephen’s Green is just across the road.
To book a free class, choose a date in our calendar and complete the form below.